IN THIS CHAPTER, we’ll take a closer look at romantic compatibility for each sign of the zodiac.
While there are other important influences and factors in a person’s chart that help determine romantic compatibility, this analysis provides a general guide and overview as to how each sun sign deals with love. If you want an in-depth analysis that extends beyond the sun signs, birth charts should be cast according to part 2. That information should be used to provide a greater understanding of each individual’s strengths, their unique personalities, and how they would work together. All planets, house placements, and aspects between the two charts add detail and nuance to a compatibility reading.
Please note, there are not any “good” or “bad” pairings. Each person and sign is complex, and a combination that may have once been advised against in many astrological books and articles may actually work because of Venus and Mars connections, for example. Take this as a general guide only and think outside the box, applying the descriptions used for a sign to the person’s Venus sign, for example. Also, remember to take the sign on descendant, the house placements, and the aspects between the charts into account for a deeper interpretation. We are complex human beings, and sun sign connections alone tell us only one part of the story.
Compatibility Isn’t Just Your Sun Sign
I give a brief overview of the compatibility of different signs here, based primarily on sun signs, but there are other ways to look at chart compatibility, such as taking into account the following elements.
Day energies tend to have an easier time understanding each other, which means fire and air signs: Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius. They will generally have lively, sociable, and adventurous relationships, with the main roadblocks being practicality and emotional connection.
Similarly, night energies, Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, and Pisces, are more compatible in general and enjoy stable, productive, and bonded relationships, with the main roadblocks being lack of excitement, spontaneity, and fun.
This same principle can be applied to astrological chart connections between any planetary connections, as well as connections between the angles in the two birth charts.
Compatibility by Aspect
Aspects between planets in the two astrological charts in relationships should also be taken into account. This, too, can be applied to aspects between different planets and angles and not only sun signs.
The following applies in general—note that none are good or bad, as those who challenge us in a relationship can push us to grow and develop, as long as it’s a healthy challenge.
Planets in adjacent signs can have difficulty “seeing” each other, as they differ by day and night, element, and modality.
Planets in signs that are sextile to each other are harmonious, as they share day or night energy.
Planets in signs that are square to each other are more challenging, because they are always day and night energy, though they share a modality.
Planets in signs that are trine to each other are harmonious, because they share the same element and day or night energy.
Planets in signs that are inconjunct to each other are more challenging, because they are always day and night energy and they are less compatible by element and modality.
Planets in opposing signs share a modality and are both either day or night but are slightly less compatible by element, though the two are usually able to complement their opposing strengths.
Aries in Love
Aries is bold, straightforward, and forthright in love and will go after someone they desire enthusiastically. You will always know where you stand with an Aries person because of their directness. They are often the one to initiate a relationship. Their zest for life is highly appealing but can be a little overwhelming and seemingly aggressive for some gentler signs. They will never let issues fester.
- Aries and Aries are a fiery combination that is extremely passionate. Both are independent and competitive, and this can lead to lively and sometimes explosive battles, but both partners actually quite enjoy the sparring.
- Aries and Taurus are a combination of fast and passionate and slow and sensual. Aries pushes Taurus into action, whereas Taurus calms down impulsive Aries.
- Aries and Gemini are a team, with Aries taking the lead and Gemini providing the ideas that are fanned by the fire of Aries. These two have a lot of fun together.
- Aries and Cancer are a great team, with the Aries partner taking all the outer-world action and the Cancer partner keeping the home fires burning.
- Aries and Leo are another fiery combination with a lot of fun and also some explosive fights. Aries is more of the initiator, with Leo being the one who actually makes the plan real.
- Aries and Virgo are a mix of impulse and conservatism, with Aries providing excitement to liven up Virgo and Virgo bringing patience and practicality to ground Aries.
- Aries and Libra are a mix of Aries action and independence and Libra negotiation and team playing. If Aries can try to compromise a little and Libra lets Aries take the lead now and then, it will work well.
- Aries and Scorpio are a passionate combination, where the Aries openness and honesty will pierce the more private and investigative energy of Scorpio.
- Aries and Sagittarius are another fiery and adventurous combination, with only the Sagittarian lack of tact and the Aries need to dominate causing occasional issues.
- Aries and Capricorn can be a successful combination if the individual needs for independence and achievement are respected and neither tries to control the other.
- Aries and Aquarius are another bold and impulsive combination and both are likely to share a wicked sense of humor.
- Aries and Pisces can work well if Aries is aware of Piscean sensitivity and learns to compromise a little. Pisces will be endlessly loyal and flow with Aries’s spontaneity.
Taurus in Love
A Taurus in love is loyal and persevering to a fault and will take their time making a commitment. When they do, however, you can be absolutely sure they mean it. Once in a relationship, their sense of family loyalty and financial stability will keep them devoted to the person they choose. If hurt, they do find it hard to forgive.
- Taurus and Taurus are both loyal and down to earth, will enjoy all the home comforts together, and will be prepared to work to create that home.
- Taurus and Gemini are a match that will need to compromise, with a little less stubbornness and willingness to be a little more sociable from Taurus and with Gemini finding some patience and slowing down a little.
- Taurus and Cancer are both loyal and affectionate and will create an amazing home together, fulfilling each other’s emotional needs.
- Taurus and Leo relationships will need a lot of compromise, as Leos are passionate and live for today and Taurus people are practical and patient and live for stability. Of course, that means that if they can compromise, they can have it all.
- Taurus and Virgo are two signs that match well, as they are both practical and responsible. Virgo brings a bit of humor to the mix and Taurus brings more sensuality.
- Taurus and Libra are both ruled by Venus—both are romantic and love luxury. If Taurus can be aware of Libra’s need to be social and flirtatious and if Libra can be aware of Taurus’s need for stability, they can work together well.
- Taurus and Scorpio are a case of opposites attract, and both tend to bring out the best in each other. Financially, they will be extremely stable and they are both very sensual.
- Taurus and Sagittarius can work well, as Taurus brings grounding and routine to the sometimes flighty Sagittarius and Sagittarius brings some spontaneity and optimism into the mix.
- Taurus and Capricorn are an earthy and practical combination, with Capricorn bringing ambition and humor and Taurus bringing steadfastness and providing the home base.
- Taurus and Aquarius require acceptance of differences but can work if both have similar life views. Aquarius likes to shake things up and loves intellectual exploration, whereas Taurus likes more practical and earthly things but, of course, if both can compromise, it works.
- Taurus and Pisces are a good mix, with down-to-earth practicality and stability in Taurus, while Pisces is more idealistic and compassionate. Instead of challenging, both are likely to learn from each other.
- Taurus and Aries are a combination that either attracts or repels, with fast-moving Aries pushing Taurus into action and Taurus calming down the impulsive Aries.
Gemini in Love
Gemini in love is fast, flirtatious, and sociable and needs intellectual stimulation to the point where they often see their love as their best friend—this just means there is less emphasis on the physical side of a relationship. They are curious and fantastic listeners, which tends to charm everyone they meet.
- Gemini and Gemini are a match that really needs some practical earth in the chart of at least one person. It will be a fun and restless intellectual relationship that can be unstable, but the friendship factor is high.
- Gemini and Cancer definitely need compromise between sociability and privacy and between the lighthearted and the sensitive. The mix of curiosity, fun, and emotional security can blend well with awareness.
- Gemini and Leo are a partnership that leads a life full of fun, affection, and probably parties. They complement each other in that Leo brings some structure and Gemini brings more flexibility.
- Gemini and Virgo are both signs ruled by Mercury and this means that both are adaptable and communicate well. Virgo brings practicality and Gemini helps Virgo lighten up a little.
- Gemini and Libra are a combination that matches well and the pair are likely to be out a lot, exploring new experiences and people and sharing ideas all the time.
- Gemini and Scorpio are a mix of depth, privacy, lightness, and openness that takes a lot of adjustment to each other. As always, it can work if Gemini allows Scorpio alone time often and if Scorpio develops a more playful side some of the time.
- Gemini and Sagittarius are a pairing that has much in common. They both like to explore intellectually and to debate, and both have great senses of humor. It’s a light and playful relationship.
- Gemini and Capricorn need some mutual respect and understanding to work, as Capricorn is serious and Gemini really isn’t. As always, this can work if Gemini is able to bring a sense of playfulness to Capricorn and Capricorn can bring needed grounding to Gemini.
- Gemini and Aquarius are a real meeting of the minds, and the two will never run out of ideas or things to talk about. Both are sociable and like their independence.
- Gemini and Pisces will need compromise, as Gemini is an outgoing social butterfly and Pisces is emotional, shy, and sensitive. However, both signs are flexible, so the opportunity for each to adjust to the other’s needs is there.
- Gemini and Aries are air and fire and the two elements work well together. Geminis are the mimics of the zodiac and will likely match the Aries passion, and Gemini’s mind will be fueled by the fire. Lots of fun!
- Gemini and Taurus aren’t the easiest of partnerships, but that makes things interesting. Taurus may find Gemini hard to keep up with and Gemini will sometimes wish Taurus would be more sociable and less stubborn, but if both can compromise, this will be a good relationship.
Cancer in Love
Cancers in love are caring and sensitive, and they fall quickly and hard when they fall in love. They are likely to commit quickly and give their all to their partner, but their sensitivity can lead to emotional neediness when they don’t feel loved in return. Cancer people will be the champion of their loved ones, so treat them with the love they deserve.
- Cancer and Cancer relationships are very loving, affectionate, and loyal, with both sensing the other’s needs with ease. Both need security and can be moody, but each understands that in the other, so it’s rarely a problem.
- Cancer and Leo are a very loving and passionate combination, especially if the Cancer person can remember to shower the Leo with praise as well as love and if Leo can temper any extravagance a little.
- Cancer and Virgo are a patient, grounded, and loyal match. The two signs understand each other very well and the earthy Virgo has patience with Cancer moods. Both signs are generally homebodies and conservative financially.
- Cancer and Libra pairings can have difficulties if the Cancer person doesn’t understand the Libra need to be around other people and if the Libra doesn’t make an effort to meet the Cancer’s emotional needs. When they can do this, they can both enjoy new ways of being.
- Cancer and Scorpio are a deep and emotionally fulfilling pairing with an intuitive connection to each other. Scorpios do need more alone time than Cancer but it’s rarely a problem.
- Cancer and Sagittarius partners can have difficulties, since Sagittarius is a free spirit and Cancer needs security. However, Sagittarians are usually deeply committed once they really fall in love, so that alone can mean this will work with compromises.
- Cancer and Capricorn are a good relationship in terms of loyalty and security, but the Capricorn can be a little too emotionally cool at times, so if they learn to show a little affection it will go a long way.
- Cancer and Aquarius are a mix of emotional needs and objective thought, which can be unsatisfying unless both can recognize the different needs in each other.
- Cancer and Pisces are a wonderful match because they have an almost psychic connection and are both caring and affectionate. Cancer is the better of the two with money and the two will love being together in their own world at home.
- Cancer and Aries can work well together if Aries is focused on outer-world matters while Cancer is more focused on the home and family. If the Aries partner can take time to show some affection, this relationship will work even more successfully.
- Cancer and Taurus are another loyal and affectionate pairing, and both are focused on home, family, and financial security. They will fulfill each other’s needs well.
- Cancer and Gemini are a good partnership if Cancer can be accepting of Gemini’s lighthearted, fun, and flirtatious nature and if Gemini can turn that fun attention to their partner more often than to others.
Leo in Love
Leo in love is exciting and openhearted as long as they are feeling loved in return. They make wonderful caring partners and are also good parents. Because they are so openhearted, however, they are easily hurt if they aren’t with someone who showers them with love and attention.
- Leo and Leo are lovely together as long as neither tries to rule over the other and they both shower each other with love, compliments, and attention. If they do that, then this is a really joyful combination.
- Leo and Virgo can be a good match, with a good mix of Leo fun and Virgo stability, as long as Virgo loosens up a little and Leo doesn’t try to rule over the analytical Virgo.
- Leo and Libra will usually make an attractive and charming couple who enjoy a good social life together. If they give each other enough attention, they will continue to be happy.
- Leo and Scorpio are two stubborn and powerful signs who both enjoy a good dramatic fight and are both loyal. Surprisingly, this often works well even though it’s very intense.
- Leo and Sagittarius are a very fun and energetic partnership with some drama thrown in. Sagittarians may have to try and temper their notably blunt tongue if they don’t want to bruise the Leo pride, but overall it’s a great match.
- Leo and Capricorn can be a good team that grows in strength over time. Their strengths balance each other well and they each can inspire the other to reach for mutual goals.
- Leo and Aquarius are another lively and exciting partnership. Leos require a lot of attention, however, and Aquarius is often a little too detached and in their head to give enough. If Aquarius can learn to drop compliments, then this will work well.
- Leo and Pisces can be a good relationship if Leo takes the benevolent and caring ruler approach to the sensitive Pisces, rather than expecting them to stand up for themselves.
- Leo and Aries are a really good but fiery partnership and may have some big fights, but they will share plenty of laughter, too. Aries’s directness can upset Leo’s tender heart at times.
- Leo and Taurus can be a wonderful pairing if the two can compromise between the Taurus’s need for stability and a solid home and the Leo’s outgoing passionate nature and risk-taking tendencies.
- Leo and Gemini are an exciting and lively match. Both are quite dramatic and bold and both are sociable and flirtatious, but Gemini will have to make sure some attention is kept on Leo so that their pride isn’t hurt.
- Leo and Cancer are a good partnership if Cancer uses positive reinforcement with the Leo partner rather than criticism, because Leo tends to return the love and appreciation shown to them.
Virgo in Love
Virgos in love are the intellectual lovers of the zodiac and approach love cautiously and conservatively. They love to be with someone who can hold an intelligent conversation but are often drawn to a more outgoing and direct partner who will make the first move. They prefer commitment and will show their affection through acts of service rather than flowery words or lots of touch.
- Virgo and Virgo can work if both partners commit to leaving work behind on a regular basis. The two are so in sync that it could be an “all work and no play” relationship without that commitment.
- Virgo and Libra can be a good mix of serious and frivolous if they can both be accepting of the other’s approach. The good thing is that communication is a skill both excel at, so talking out differences will help.
- Virgo and Scorpio are a compatible pairing if Virgo doesn’t try to logically analyze deep-feeling Scorpio and accepts that they have an innate and quiet self-confidence and spend a lot of time in silence when comfortable with a person.
- Virgo and Sagittarius are a meeting of the minds but both come from different approaches, with Virgo being more introverted and reserved and Sagittarius more outgoing and carefree. If the two can meet in the middle, this pairing will work.
- Virgo and Capricorn are two earth signs and are very well matched. The two understand and complement each other very well.
- Virgo and Aquarius will enjoy each other intellectually but Virgo may struggle with the Aquarian impracticality, though the mix of imagination and practicality can work.
- Virgo and Pisces are a challenging mix of practicality and idealistic dreaming that can only work if the two compromise, with Pisces trying to be slightly less sensitive and Virgo trying to be more so.
- Virgo and Aries will work if Virgo lets Aries be the leading light and if Aries lets Virgo take care of practical details and realizes they just enjoy doing them and aren’t trying to control.
- Virgo and Taurus share a sense of responsibility and the desire to be productive and reliable, making for a generally stable and harmonious relationship, with Taurus bringing more sensuality and Virgo bringing a great sense of humor.
- Virgo and Gemini are a pairing with a high level of intellectual compatibility, with Virgo being more practical and Gemini being more sociable and sometimes frivolous. Talking things through will always help these two.
- Virgo and Cancer are a very compatible match, with both being more introverted and loyal. These two usually have a very intuitive understanding of each other.
- Virgo and Leo can work if Virgo tries not to puncture Leo’s pride with criticism and Leo tries not to be domineering.
Libra in Love
Libras love to love and be in love. They will be very affectionate and complimentary, and they love to receive the same in return. They are, however, quite picky about whom they are in relationships with and are not comfortable with partners who are insecure or not visually attractive.
- Libra and Libra are a well-matched combination that may at times lack a little passion because it’s so harmonious and based on mental compatibility.
- Libra and Scorpio have a lot of initial attraction, but Scorpio’s emotional depth and Libran sociability can bring contention in a long-term relationship. The two may be a puzzle to each other, but communication can bridge the gap.
- Libra and Sagittarius are a fun and optimistic partnership with a similar sense of humor, which will help move beyond any differences in approach, such as the Sagittarius foot-in-mouth syndrome and Libran diplomacy.
- Libra and Capricorn are a stable match, with Capricorn focused on work first and Libra on relationship first, which complement each other well.
- Libra and Aquarius are a good match that has a lot in common and will be a partnership with a strong friendship element.
- Libra and Pisces are a creative and idealistic partnership that can lack the emotional connection that Pisces needs. If that can be resolved, then this can work well.
- Libra and Aries are opposite signs and have very different approaches, with Libra being all about teamwork and Aries being an individualist. If Aries can try to compromise a little and Libra lets Aries take the lead now and then, it will work well.
- Libra and Taurus share a lot of Venusian traits, as both are ruled by Venus. They share a love of harmony and luxury, for example. Both value loyalty and will be good together if Libra can tolerate the Taurus pessimism and if Taurus can know that Libra’s flirtatious nature is innate.
- Libra and Gemini are an excellent partnership, with only indecision being an occasional issue for both. Both love to converse and be sociable, so they will have a lot of fun together.
- Libra and Cancer tend to have a few challenges, with Cancer needing emotional closeness and Libra being lighter and needing more social interaction. Their mutual loyalty can help them compromise well.
- Libra and Leo are a charming partnership, with both being affectionate, playful, and sociable—there is a possibility that they might have a little too much fun spending money together.
- Libra and Virgo are often seemingly at odds, with Libra being relaxed, carefree, and sociable and Virgo being productive, serious, and reserved, but this pairing actually complements and works well together.
Scorpio in Love
Scorpio in love is intense and almost obsessive, as they throw everything they have into relationships and are devoted and loyal and desire deep intimacy. They do need their alone time despite the need for such intimacy, and their feelings run so deep that they find it difficult to share them.
- Scorpio and Scorpio are an unbelievably powerful, intense, and dramatic combination that can bring out the best or worst in each other, or both at different times. If the two merge well, then they will last for their lifetimes.
- Scorpio and Sagittarius are diametrically different and will have to work to make what can be a powerful initial attraction succeed, with Scorpio lessening their private and serious side and Sagittarius developing some of the same.
- Scorpio and Capricorn are a well-matched pairing, as both are hard workers and reserved and value security. They each bring complementary strengths to the relationship.
- Scorpio and Aquarius are not always destined for long-term connections or harmonious ones without a lot of compromise, despite a strong attraction. The intensity of Scorpio and the detachment of Aquarius can cause conflict but with work to resolve differences, it can work.
- Scorpio and Pisces are a loyal and emotionally bonded partnership, even though Pisces doesn’t always love Scorpio’s tendency to be more confrontational. Both are spiritually and romantically inclined and will give to the other willingly.
- Scorpio and Aries both like to be in control, but there is a lot of passion between the two. Both are likely to enjoy the intensity and with a little communication, it can work.
- Scorpio and Taurus are in many ways perfect for each other, as Taurus’s more relaxed style will complement Scorpio’s intensity, and both have similar values.
- Scorpio and Gemini are an interesting mix of energies, with Scorpio being deep and Gemini liking to keep things light. Each can intrigue the other enough to keep exploring how to work together and they often do find a way to do so.
- Scorpio and Cancer are both deeply emotional, sensitive, and also possessive, which actually works here, as both feel secure in this pairing.
- Scorpio and Leo make for a very passionate and dramatic relationship but will find it hard to communicate without clashing. However, both will often enjoy this high-intensity match and that will keep them interested.
- Scorpio and Virgo are a complementary match and work well together. Both enjoy alone time and can quite easily build mutual trust.
- Scorpio and Libra speak and live at cross-purposes but have an attraction to each other in spite of that. Scorpio’s privacy and intensity will confuse the lighthearted Libra, and the sociability of Libra will bring out Scorpio’s possessiveness, but communication and compromise can help.
Sagittarius in Love
Sagittarius in love is high energy and filled with enthusiasm and fun. Sagittarius is often said to be slow to commit, but that’s only because they are exploring to find someone who can keep their interest. When they do fall in love, they are usually extremely loyal. They are most attracted to those with ambition and drive.
- Sagittarius and Sagittarius are a fun, passionate, and exploratory partnership. They both love to travel and find new experiences and do so with zest. Practicality and emotional connection can cause some issues.
- Sagittarius and Capricorn can be a good connection because the Capricorn practicality can ground the excesses of Sagittarius, while the Sagittarius partner will appreciate the ambition of Capricorn.
- Sagittarius and Aquarius are a visionary combination, with both being goal-oriented and willing to explore new ideas. This is a fun combination.
- Sagittarius and Pisces are a pairing where there is attraction, but some compromises must be made. A balance needs to be sought between the outgoing, spontaneous Sagittarius energy and the reserved and shy Pisces energy, but it can work over time.
- Sagittarius and Aries have a lot in common, and this will be a high-energy team that will enjoy activities together. Very adventurous with some volatility due to Sagittarius bluntness and the Aries need to always lead, but overall a good match.
- Sagittarius and Taurus have some challenges to overcome, as the passivity and stability of Taurus can frustrate energetic Sagittarius. However, Taurus brings grounding and routine to the sometimes flighty Sagittarius, and Sagittarius brings some spontaneity and optimism into the mix.
- Sagittarius and Gemini are a combination that can have a lot of fun together, though it can be a little unstable since both enjoy change. They both like to explore intellectually and to debate, and both have great senses of humor. It’s a light and playful relationship.
- Sagittarius and Cancer have some challenges because of the mix of sensitive, emotional Cancer and blunt and fairly insensitive but fun Sagittarius. Both are quite strong-willed though, so if the attraction is there, they will tend to work things out.
- Sagittarius and Leo are a wild, passionate, and fun pairing with the potential to last a lifetime, especially if Sagittarius can rein in the brutal honesty that can hurt the Leo pride.
- Sagittarius and Virgo are a strange mix of intellectual compatibility and emotional differences, because Virgo is reserved and introverted, generally, and Sagittarius is outgoing. This match can improve with time.
- Sagittarius and Libra are a partnership full of fun and social excitement. If Libra can get over the fact that Sagittarius cares little about appearances, this will work well.
- Sagittarius and Scorpio can be challenging, because Sagittarius likes freedom and lacks the emotional intensity of Scorpio. The two will find each other fascinating, however, so differences can be worked out over time.
Capricorn in Love
Capricorns are slow to fall in love, preferring to be friends first—but once things develop, they are stable and dedicated to creating a life with their partner. They really need someone who understands their dedication to building a secure financial foundation and, usually, a career. They are not always emotionally warm, especially early in relationships.
- Capricorn and Capricorn work really well together, as both share ambition, a similar work ethic, and a reserved nature. This has potential to be a stable and long-lasting relationship.
- Capricorn and Aquarius can face challenges, because Capricorn likes solid goals and plans and Aquarius is very free-spirited and prefers long-term goals without a definite plan to get there. Both are determined, however, and that can help reach a compromise.
- Capricorn and Pisces are a well-matched partnership, as Capricorn brings the practicality and Pisces brings the creative and emotional support.
- Capricorn and Aries aren’t the easiest combination since Capricorn is a patient builder and loves stability and Aries likes dynamic action and is impulsive, but the pair can be a highly successful one if neither tries to control the other.
- Capricorn and Taurus are a fabulous partnership with shared values in most areas of life, and that combines Capricorn ambition and Taurus homebody tendencies well. These two are very compatible.
- Capricorn and Gemini are a mix of reserved stability and unstable sociability, which can mean differences. If the two can learn from each other without criticism, they can meet in the middle and have mutual respect and understanding.
- Capricorn and Cancer are a mixed bag. It can be a loyal partnership with a shared need for security and a stable home but Cancer needs a lot of affection and Capricorn must consciously choose to show it. Meeting in the middle is the key.
- Capricorn and Leo are both stubborn, and if the attraction is there, that means they will work at reconciling the fact that Capricorn is more reserved and pessimistic and Leo is more outgoing and optimistic, with each learning from the other.
- Capricorn and Virgo are a very grounded and reserved match with many compatibilities. Both enjoy stability and like to work hard.
- Capricorn and Libra are a partnership with differences in outlook, with Capricorn being stable, persevering, and a saver and Libra being an extrovert and a spendthrift. These differences are not irreconcilable, however.
- Capricorn and Scorpio are a good partnership where each brings out the best in the other. Both have similar ways of working and goals that will work together well.
- Capricorn and Sagittarius are a partnership where the differences can complement each other in spite of what seem to be opposite approaches, with Capricorn being cautious and Sagittarius being rash in everything they approach.
Aquarius in love
Aquarius in love is committed and very attentive, though not affectionate, and it takes them a while to get to the point of commitment. Aquarians are intellectuals and will want long talks about big ideas with their partner. They have an innate self-confidence, which is very attractive to others.
- Aquarius and Aquarius are both so in their heads and detached emotionally that there is little emotional depth to the relationship. However, they may also decide they are okay with being more friends than anything else.
- Aquarius and Pisces are an unusual combination, with Aquarius being a radical thinker and Pisces being intuitive and spiritual, and that can bring challenges as the Pisces person may not have their emotional needs met. Both are deeply humanitarian, however, and that can bring them together.
- Aquarius and Aries will find each other stimulating and exciting and are a good match that looks optimistically to the future. They will share a great sense of humor.
- Aquarius and Taurus are an unlikely match with many differences, but both have staying power, which can make for a stimulating relationship that can pull them together.
- Aquarius and Gemini are a real meeting of the minds and a very dynamic pairing. Their partnership will be full of variety, fun, and a lively social life.
- Aquarius and Cancer are likely to find that the Aquarian detached emotional state doesn’t fulfill the needs of the emotionally needy Cancer person. This means the two will have to communicate often about their differences to make it work long-term.
- Aquarius and Leo don’t have a lot in common but that won’t stop them finding this relationship stimulating and exciting, which can go a long way toward meeting in the middle.
- Aquarius and Virgo are an intellectual pairing with different strengths that can complement each other, with Virgo learning to embrace a little chaos and Aquarius learning to be a little more organized.
- Aquarius and Libra are a lovely match, with both enjoying a good social life and mental stimulation.
- Aquarius and Scorpio are a difficult and intense match that can work if the Aquarius partner learns to show some affection and the Scorpio learns to trust their partner.
- Aquarius and Sagittarius are a fun match and the two will enjoy a lot of adventures together.
- Aquarius and Capricorn are a less easy combination that can work if both use their mutual determination to iron out differences, with the main one being that Capricorn likes stability and security, and these are not priorities for the Aquarian.
Pisces in Love
Pisces in love seeks a highly spiritual and intuitive connection in love. They love to love their partner and to make them feel like the most special person in the world, because they are to the Piscean. They are a gentle and openhearted soul, which can lead to them getting hurt easily by less sensitive people.
- Pisces and Pisces are such a good match that they may never get anything practical done in their dream world of togetherness.
- Pisces and Aries can work if Aries learns some patience around their dreamy partner. If they do, Pisces will be incredibly supportive.
- Pisces and Taurus are a good match, as both share a love of romance and loyalty, with Taurus providing grounding and Pisces imagination in their lives.
- Pisces and Gemini are both very adaptable, and that may, with communication, help overcome some fairly big differences of approach. Pisces wants major emotional connection and Gemini likes to keep it light.
- Pisces and Cancer are a very loving and romantic partnership—they work together in almost psychic compatibility.
- Pisces and Leo have a lot of potential as a match if Leo soaks up the love and admiration of Pisces, avoids any desire to control them, and works to understand their sensitive nature.
- Pisces and Virgo are opposing signs and can either attract or repel. The key is integration of Pisces’s dreaminess and romantic nature and the practicality of Virgo.
- Pisces and Libra are a very creative and loving match if the two can overcome the Libran need to be social and the Pisces need to stay home more.
- Pisces and Scorpio are an amazing match with a deep emotional connection, which brings a strong sense of security to these two sensitive signs.
- Pisces and Sagittarius are both very flexible and love to focus on philosophical areas of faith and belief. They will match if they can balance their introvert and extrovert natures.
- Pisces and Capricorn are a fabulous mix of common sense and dreaminess that blends well together.
- Pisces and Aquarius can work well together if they can compromise over the Aquarian’s detached emotional style and Pisces’s emotional sensitivity.
Astrology is an endlessly fascinating subject where there is always more to learn. With careful use of this book you will be able to understand your astrological chart in far more depth, using a more inclusive approach and language.